Nervous Waters means Great Fishing. And Great Fishing is an overall experience involving far more than the actual fishing itself. It is a combination of sporting excellence with the highest level of total service: lodging and cuisine provided at the most exacting standards, guiding in the hands of experienced and fully dedicated professionals, and careful planning and organization which takes even the slightest details into account. We like to describe our company as being of anglers and for anglers.
Because our founders and corporate officers are passionate anglers themselves, we have the know-how that enables us to scout for and to find the best fisheries; and we understand the precious value that time has for a committed fisherman.
Money can always be refunded, but time wasted at an unsatisfactory destination can never be recovered.
Behind our name, you will find the resources and the corporate culture that guarantees that the choice of your next fishing trip will live up to all your expectations. And more. Jacqueline, Fernando and Jorge de Las Carreras started in Patagonia in 1984, today more than 200 people are working with us. Our lodges operate at 93% of occupancy. We host over 2000 anglers for more than 9000 fishing days each season. 82% of our clients are repeat guests.
Fernando de las CarrerasNervous Waters CEO & Founder. email@example.com
Mercedes AzamorHouse Keeping at Pira Lodge
Carlos AmolefMaintenance at Futa Lodge
MariaCook at Futa Lodge
Alexis ConstanteMaintenance at Chime Lodge
Carolina CocoHouse Manager at Alto Paraná Lodge
Fabían AnastasioHead Guide at Alto Paraná Lodge
Gumer CasaresMaintenance at Villa María Lodge
Cristian NuñezGuide at Chime Lodge
Lourdes Nieves VogetKitchen Assistant at Kau Tapen Lodge
Mariela FrancoHousekeeper at Kau Tapen Lodge
Valeria SuarezHousekeeper at Chime Lodge
Alejandro BianchettiGuide at Villa María Lodge
Jason JaggerGuide at Villa María Lodge
“Our Mission is to provide the committed angler a unique experience in service and in sport on the best fisheries.”
At Nervous Waters we strive to provide a combination of sporting excellence along with the highest level of total service. We carefully design or retool lodging to be unique and fishing friendly, so you can get out fishing quickly in the mornings,but also linger and laugh in relaxed comfort after your day is through. We plan cuisine, to be just that-cuisine. We offer meals you’ll remember as being part of the experience, inspired by local culture and prepared with great care by our chefs.
We also choose our staff with utmost care, then train them to our standards-to make certain that your precious guided days are guided in the hands of experienced and fully dedicated professionals.
In and around our lodges, we strive to provide a standard not seen elsewhere in the sporting realm.Our careful planning and organization takes even the slightest details into account, so that at the end of your sporting holiday; whether it be a week on one of our windswept rivers, or just a few days on the turquoise flats, your first thought is to consider a return trip with us. That is our goal, and the only thing we like better than having you as our guest, is having you return to visit us again.
Reasons to Fish With Nervous Waters
We are aware that there are myriad camps and lodges out there–and we are all catering to the same group of traveling anglers. But consider the attributes Nervous Waters brings to the table, and we think you’ll agree that you should consider us as you plan your fishing holiday.
- Unique lodges, each positioned to access the best fishing in the area, and each geared toward fishing.We don’t offer rooms or packages to travelers, and while non-angling guests are welcome, when you are a guest at a Nervous Waters lodge, you are a guest of our team of guides, managers,chefs, and support staff who are tasked with providing you the best fishing stay possible.
- Our guides are all experienced, and many have impressive international guiding backgrounds. All have been trained in-house and each have an in-depth knowledge of the local fishing scene.
- Unequalled hospitality in elegant settings featuring carefully crafted architectural design, and guest rooms that are a joy to occupy, and a pleasure to fish out of. There are hooks on the walls where they need to be, and trunks and table for luggage, rod racks aoutside rooms–everything is placed to maximize enjoyment and efficiency.
- We pride ourselves on the meals we serve to our guests, from the best meats and wines in Argentina, to fresh fish and exotic rums at our Carribean locations, or just a “good luck!” note tucked into your lunch box by the staff, we serve the very best regional and international cuisine, and each meal is supervised by expert chefs and served by a trained wait staff.
- Efficient and comfortable transport from points of arrival to our lodges, and from our lodges to the fishing sites; good vehicles, and tires, serviced in a timely manner, and washed frequently. Boats and outboards are state of the art, planned and maintained with serious fishing in mind.
- Value for money. Can you fish someplace similar for a few hundred dollars less? Perhaps, but compare apples to apples, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised-no extra charges for wines, or beers or at any of our in-lodge bars. We don’t keep track of drink charges and bill you at the end of the week. Once you are at the lodge, our fishing program is turnkey, eat and drink as you like. Airlines break your rodor lose your wading boots? No problem, we have you covered. These may sound like little things, but it is the little things that matter, and we feel it is the little things that will bring you back again.